Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mrs. Dillard Tells All

I am blessed and honored to announce that I am now Mrs. Dillard. My fiancé and I decided to end our engagement and get married on June6, 2015. For those who do not know my husband serves this country as a United States Navy Seamen. He joined the Navy in January and took a pledge among his brothers and sisters to serve this nation we live in. With that pledge comes a great deal of responsibility and some uncertainties. My fiancé and I have been going back and forth on a date since January of 2014 and could never seem to nail down a solid date. Out of respect for my parents we agreed to wait until after I graduated college to get married. When my husband chose the Navy I was proud and still am very proud of him, but I knew there would be increased difficulty finding a date that would work for the both of us. A career in the Navy can make your schedule unpredictable. I know anyone who has someone close to them in the service can relate to the difficulty we had trying to plan a wedding.

There came a time last week when my husband and I realized that we needed to stop contemplating so much on the advice and concerns of others about OUR MARRIAGE, and invest our time in praying for God to pave the way for us to get married in His perfect timing. Sometimes as humans we can worry so much about the opinions of others and forget about God. It is God who blessed me and Kyle to be together and it is through Christ alone that we will stay together. God comes first and once we let go of people’s opinions it became clearer for us to listening to God and move forward with getting married. A big wedding with all my family and friends would have been nice, but I am so pleased to finally be able to call Kyle my husband. Our ceremony was so intimate and centered around the commitment we were making to God and each other.  We plan on having a big celebration of our commitment in the future. 

As a newly married military wife I can’t wait to see the adventures we will embark on and the journey God has designed specifically for us. I want to thank everyone who reads my blog and supports my husband and I. Now that its summer you can expect more blogs on a more consistent bases.

Blessings,

Ashley Dillard

No comments:

Post a Comment