Monday, December 14, 2015

The Patience Project: Part One!

I truly believe the enemy wants to keep us quiet when we are struggling with things. He desires for us to feel shame and guilt. He wants us to be too proud to ask for help so that we suffer in silence. But why? Because he knows if we start talking, and being transparent, and praying together then his plan to have us suffering in silence will be destroyed. We will become stronger, and more united, and our faith will be renewed. And this will be a problem for the enemy, but it will be a victory for you and I. 
To be honest with you all I have always had a problem with patience! And God will often times put me in situations where I have no choice but to be patient to help me grow in that area. Because as a believers patience is a virtue we all must carry. As Christ is so patient and understanding of us so we are also required to have patience with others. It's important that our perspective of who God is remains correct. We live in such a fast paced and instant result driven society that we may start to believe the false notation that if we pray for something on Monday we should receive on Tuesday. God is not like Amazon prime He has not promised us free two day shipping on our blessings! God knows that in this life we will encounter many situations where we will need to be patient and trust him to come through for us as he has promised.  
These last few months have been difficult as my husband and I started off our marriage in two different parts of the world. We have faced many obstacles from the time differences causing a lack of communication to our hectic schedules, and us not knowing when we would see each other again. His frequent deployment schedule has been challenging to come to terms with. I'm going to be real with you all! My husband and I being separated our first six months of marriage is not at all what I expected. I always am wishing he was here with me. I have learned quickly it takes a unique type of women to be a military wife.But I know the Lord  has a plan for us.  Deuteronomy 31:6 says, God will never leave us nor forsake us." I take comfort in knowing that God is with us.  
There are so many stories of believers who were required to have patience in order to receive their blessing. Why not start with the story of Israelites? They were enslaved for 400 years in Egypt! But God had a plan in place to redeem and restore the Israelites! When we are going through trials many of us focus on the trial instead of the fact that God always has a plan in place even if we cannot see it our faith must be strong enough to believe it. God was setting up such a extraordinary plan that there would be no way they could deny his power! Patience is often not a choice it's a requirement. You can't get around it. In psalms 46:10 God urges us to be still and to know that he is God! He's got it all  covered remain calm and have patience. God has already equipped you with all that you need to get through the trials you face. You've got this because God's got you.  
Blessings, Ashley Dillard  
 I hope your were blessed by part one of the series Project Patience! If you'd like to show your support please pray for this blog that God would use it to touch the hearts of His people by calling those who are lost back to Him! Also please share our post with your friends and family

No comments:

Post a Comment