Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Wait

Well my fiancĂ© did it everybody! He graduated naval basic training and I am so proud of him for sticking to it even when it was hard. His hard work and stories about training are an inspiration and encouragement to me to keep working. Now that training is over he has to go to “A School” to learn his trade, and then we will get stationed… somewhere. I thought we would have more answers after basic training like when will get married but that isn’t the case. I will have to wait at least another month until I find out a date for our wedding. Those of you who know me or follow my blog know I have been engaged for one year and four months. Yes, it has been a long engagement. I would not trade the time I have gotten to spend with Kyle and the tough lessons I have learned and am still learning for anything. 

But lets be real I love him and I want to marry him. When I got the news that I would have to wait at least another month I was frustrated. I was irritated and I complained to God. Why Lord must I wait another month before I know the date I can marry Kyle? Everyday someone ask me when am I getting married and for a year and four months I have not had a for sure answer. On and on I went until God gently reminded me that He is in control. He knows when we are getting married and He does everything on His own timing and not on mine.

God has a plan in place for my life just like He has one in place for yours. We may not understand it, but when it is revealed to us we will. Scripture says in Isaiah 55:8; “"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.” Sometimes we need to be patient and wait upon the Lord (hasn’t God been patient with you?). I had a choice to either remain frustrated or to thank God in the midst of this situation. At times we can dwell so much on the negative that we forget all the blessings God has poured out into our lives. I am graduating college next month with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration. I am having a phenomenal year in track, and I have had some life transforming moment during my college career. I could be down about not knowing the date or I could give God the glory because of all the things He is doing in my life. Am I still getting married? Yes. Do I know the exact date? No, I just know it will be this summer. What I don’t know God knows and He will guide and direct my fiancĂ© and I. All we have to do is trust Him and submit to His plan for our lives. When we try to take things into out own hands because we things we can do a better job then God that’s when stress, anger, and disappointment come in. Lets be relieved we don’t have to do it on our own and have God to turn to who will take our sorrows and frustrations, and replace them with internal peace.  Trust God! He’s got it covered.  


Be sure to post comments below and follow this blog so you don’t miss any post! May God bless the remainder of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment